Photo of "Red Coat Woman" By: Allister Firth

 

    "Red Coat Woman" By: Allister Firth

    This photo was taken by Allister Firth. He has his own photography business. Photography is the type of art that I am mostly interested it. This work of art is called, "Red Coat Woman". 

    I choose this photo because I love looking at the photos from Scotland and it is my dream to go there. I was actually named after the Heather flowers in Scotland. I also love hearing about the history of the castles in Scotland. If you look past the red dree woman, you will see a castle from there. Allister Firth is one of the talented photographers who get the opportunities to photograph  the history of Scotland. The first thing that draws your attention to the photo is the contrast of the red compared to the rest of the different shades of grey in the photo. It really enhances the red and makes it stand out. You can even see how the shading on the corners and edges being a little darker to show the distance. The lines are remarkable as well, because you can make out the buildings even though they are farther away. The lines in the dress show she is twirling as well and you even make out the details in her hair. The different contrast and shades of grey not only enhance those features, but it lets you be able to distinguish the other aspects of the photo, like the castle or the trees, or even the clouds. 

    If I had the opportunity, I would own this phot along with many more of Allister Firth's work. To me, this photo draws you to the red dress first, and when I look at her, I think what if that was me. It draws you to see the castle from her perspective. It makes you imagine what if you were the one twirling to see the castle. The photo also give you the view from where she is standing. It is not above her head but it is what she would mostly see from how she is standing. 

    Allister Firth has a whole collection of photos in an album titled "Red Coat Woman". He goes from different location, photographing different women in red coats. They are in different areas with different backgrounds. However, they are all the same grey hues and tones while the red coat is the only thing standing out. 

    Allister Firth has a variety of photos. He photographs landscapes, peoples, houses, and even lifestyles, activities, and sunsets. He is an amazing photographer and if anyone gets a chance, I defiantly recommend browsing his work and seeing all the amazing fantastic photos he has taken. I have attached two links at the bottom. The first one is his Red Dress series and the second is the link to his albums.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post!

-Heather McAloon

Red Coat Woman Series Link: The Red Coat collection by Alister Firth Photography (photo4me.com)

Allister Firth Album: Alister G Firth Photography: Photo Gallery (alisterfirthphotography.co.uk)

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Have you ever read Robert Burns' To a Mouse? Scottish renowned poet; in HS I had to rehearse this poem and it was a lot of fun haha. One of the reasons I appreciate poetry. But beyond him I don't have much Scottish art

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Impressionism VS Post-Impressionism Art

Adam and Eve by Albrecht Durer